The likes, dislikes and views expressed on this web page are those of the team members listed and don't necessarily reflect those of Catalyst Computer Systems.
Managing, Sales & Marketing Director
- likes: People, great conversation and new ideas; the great 'outdoors', especially Scotland; Acoustic Music; Old things mostly mostly made by 'Triumph', cars and bikes; anything in water, sailing, fishing, snorkeling, frogs, fish and pond life.
- dislikes: Hypocrisy, prejudice, political correctness, narrow minded people, short term thinking, the endless quest for cheap at the expense of quality, anything with 'celebrity' in the title and waste of any kind.
IT Products & Systems Sales Manager
- likes: Family time - love a good day out, with the kids; Football - Anything - Manchester United; Playing my PS3 - FIFA & Need For Speed; Cars/Driving-I love anything fast with 4 wheels
- dislikes: Slow drivers & people that don't indicate (they make my blood boil); Taxmen (they are just legal thieves in my eyes); Mushrooms; The government and how out of touch they are with the real world.
- likes: Come Dine with Me, Sports, my favourites are Football, Cricket and Horse Racing; Socialising with friends (usually means playing XBOX); Spending time with family; Being able to drive.
- dislikes: Politics; Mushrooms; People with a negative outlook; TV Adverts.
- likes: Watching and playing football (Nottingham Forest); Driving cars; Socialising with friends and family
- dislikes: Derby County; Slow drivers; Losing (especially fifa!)
Customer Support Manager
- likes: Music, quite varied really, although at heart I'm an 80's Pop Tart!; Going to concerts - Love live music; Gin; Travelling (good job really!); Experimenting in the Kitchen!; Toddington Services!; Meeting new people; City Breaks; Beach Holidays
- dislikes: Being mistaken for a certain TV celeb (no I'm not telling you who......you're going to have to guess!); Ignorant people/drivers; Weekends that go by way too fast; Roadworks on the M1 between J10 and J13!; Reaching for an empty coffee cup when you were sure there was some left in it; Quorn (that's the sausage not the village!); Jeremy Clarkson!; The Daily Mail
- likes: My children; Chocolate; Reading crime stories; Singing in a choir; Being organised and writing lists; Animals – particularly horses and guinea pigs.
- dislikes: Having my photo taken; Spiders; Coffee; Being woken every night by one of my four children and Being disorganised.
Customer Support Specialist
- likes: Acoustic guitars; A good book to lose yourself in; Cooking; the Gym (functional training); A good rugby match; Traveling the world with my partner; Martial arts.
- dislikes: Bad manners; People hogging the middle or fast lanes; Cucumbers; People who are single minded.
Customer Support Specialist
- likes: Formula 1 and many other racing categories; Track days; Food that’s really bad for you; Ciders on a hot day; Maintaining my vehicles and house; Mountain biking around the country (been a while!)
- dislikes: The endless march against time; Unrealistic requests; Bad manners; Finding fruit in a cake.. ew; People who don’t take the racing line with their shopping trolley.
Customer Support Assistant
- likes: PC gaming; Going to see live music; Playing guitar; The walking dead or anything with zombies in; Crystal palace football club as I grew up near there.
- dislikes: Cats & Coldplay; Cold weather and dark nights/mornings; Winter generally; Track suit wearing non gym goers.
IT Services Manager
- likes: Spending time with the family (Most of the time ;-)); Any motor sport, Love F1; Nights down the pub; Most film’s (Apart from chick flicks!); Camping; Driving; PC Gaming (anything with a gun or wheels); Most types of modern music
- dislikes: Early mornings; Sunday drivers!; Road works; People that cannot follow instructions!; Hangovers (The older I get the longer they last!); Computer virus’s ( Why can’t the people that write them just get a proper job!)
IT Services Specialist
- likes: Spending time with the family, watching films, Playstation (cant beat Pro Evo with a few mates round and a couple of cans); Take Away’s; F1; Problem solving
- dislikes: Traffic jams; The cost of living; Marmite - Hate It; Shopping (pretty much a traffic jam on foot at weekends); Having so many TV channels and nothing to watch.
IT Services Assistant
- likes: Spending time with my girlfriend and family; Song-writing and playing guitar; Keeping fit and healthy by going to the gym, running and playing football. Fixing computers and installing components; Gaming on my PS3 (I love FIFA!); Supporting Nottingham Forest (U reds!); Surfing the web; Visiting air-shows; Paranormal stuff; Microsoft flight simulator and Photography.
- dislikes: Unwanted cats in the garden; Derby County; Selfish people; Queue jumpers; Sleepless nights.
Systems Software Development Specialist
- likes: Cycling to socialise, cycling to get from A to B, and cycling to get fit (in that order!), Learning about new ideas and new technology, Killing myself for 90 minutes so that I can live for 90 years!, Driving (too fast...), Having full control over a dumb animal (i.e. programming a computer!)
- dislikes: Indecision, Duplicity (not the film...), The dumb animal not doing what I tell it..., Spending money on new ideas and new technology
Applications Software Development Specialist
- likes: Rock music, folk music, most types of music in fact so long as it's got a beat and a heart to it. Real ale. Music festivals and camping, preferably in nice weather. Computer games. Reading, fantasy and sci-fi, the usual suspects.
- dislikes: Rudeness under the guise of 'honesty', and a disregard for simple courtesy in general. Camping in the rain.
Applications Software Development Specialist
- likes: Formula1; Futurama; Halloumi; Icecream; Long days playing frisbee on the beach; Losing my balance on a snowboard but regaining control at the last second
- dislikes: Marzipan; Windy days; Getting up before 7am; Celebrity TV; Losing my balance on a snowboard and landing on my face
Web Development Programmer
- likes: Technology; computers; innovation; gadgets; music (most genres as long as it has a beat!); good speakers; films; portable computing & smartphones; going on holiday; Bill Bailey; intuitive software
- dislikes: Anything that has been badly designed; things that don't work like they should; lack of manners; TV adverts; Starbucks; but mostly sweet potato
Systems Software Development Assistant
- likes: Open source software, Music, Home made pizza, Cats, Computer Games, Electronics.
- dislikes: Windows updates, Cold weather, Driving, Queues, Bad customer service, Politics.
- likes: Being a mum, Playing in the snow (when we get it), Short breaks away in Dorset, Devon and Cornwall. Especially the £9.50 deals with The SUN, Eating out (My Favourite is Pizza Express), Spending time with family at Christmas (it’s a big family), Fast rides, Reading a good book, People that make me laugh, there’s nothing better than a good laugh
- dislikes: Cooking, cleaning, anything domestic, Bad Drivers i.e. people who sit in the fast lane doing 50mph when it’s the national speed limit (arrgh), Rudeness, Dishonest people
- likes: Live music upfront and sweaty - Most music but please no Jazz (unless in New Orleans), Horses - nothing better than getting out into the countryside riding, Interior decor - planning my new house at present, Food - pretty much anything, usually choose the most obscure thing on the menu, Motorbikes - going too fast!
- dislikes: Mobile Phones - can't live with them can't live without them!, People that park on double yellow lines - selfish and dangerous!, Junk mail - sends me mad!, Banks - Customer service stinks!, Mobility Scooters - half the users are out of control and rude!
- likes: Spending time with family and friends; eating out especially Italian food; taking my dog for walks to Bradgate Park; Favourite film - Dirty Dancing and has lost count how many times I have watched it!; Summer – love chilling in the garden and lighting up the BBQ, weather permitting of course!;Finally I adore my ironing lady!
- dislikes: My last vet bill and would advise anyone who is thinking of getting dog to get it insured immediately; Winter – hate the cold dark evenings and not being able to spend time in the garden; Queues of any sort whether on foot or in the car; Finding a dent in your car when some idiot has parked too close; Finally I seriously hate ironing!!
- likes: Football, Boxing, Dogs, R&B, Glenlivet Whiskey, Horror Flims.
- dislikes: Politics, Boring people, Unfunny people, Marmite, and to top it off Milk in my coffee!