Changes to Platinum's "Payroll" module that allow you to start processing the year 2015/16, including:
- Printed report P11 has been updated for the new tax year.
- Old printed report P32 renamed to "Annual Employer Payments" as government form P32 no longer exists and all employers will now be submitting Real Time Information (RTI) online.
- Updated PAYE tax rates for 6th April, including the addition of "M" and "N" suffixes for the new "Marriage Allowance".
- Updated PAYE tax calculation routines to support the 50% overriding limit for all tax codes (previously only affected "K" prefix codes). Some amendments to report P11 have been made for this too.
- If you have an always-on Internet connection then any updates to the PAYE tax rates through the year will be downloaded automatically.
- Updated Class 1 National Insurance Contributions rates, including the addition of new category letters added for the under-21s.
- The system now automatically changes an employee's National Insurance category letter when they turn 16, when they turn 21, and when they reach state retirement age (which is determined automatically from their gender and date of birth).
- Updated SSP rates.
- Updated SMP/SAP/SPP/ASPP rates.
- Added support for the new Statutory Shared Parental Pay (ShPP) which replaces Additional Statutory Paternity Pay (ASPP). Existing ASPP records are not affected.
- Updated Collection of Student Loans threshold.
Operating PAYE in real time, aka Real Time Information - or RTI:
- Full Payment Submission (FPS), which happens automatically when you close off a period, has been updated for the year 2015/16.
- Employer Payment Summary (EPS), in "Monthly Procedures/Reports" -> "Internet Filing of Returns", has been updated for the year 2015/16 (to clarify this, the year is now included in the option name).
- If you have not yet submitted your final EPS for 2014/15 then you can still do this by selecting the "2014/15 Final submission for the year" box, or going to "Yearly Procedures/Reports" -> "Internet Filing of Returns".
- See Payroll End of Year for more details.