Changes to Platinum's "Payroll" module that allow you to start processing the year 2016/17, including:
- Printed report P11 has been updated for the new tax year.
- Updated PAYE tax rates for 6th April.
- Added support for the new Scottish Rate of Income Tax.
- If you have an always-on Internet connection then any updates to the PAYE tax rates through the year will be downloaded automatically.
Updated Class 1 National Insurance Contributions rates, including:
- The addition of new category letters added for apprentices under-25.
- The removal of old category letters for contracted-out pension schemes, which have now been abolished, plus the removal of all related parameters (ECON, SCON, contracted-out rebate pension contributions, etc).
- The system now automatically changes an employee's National Insurance category letter when they turn 16, when they turn 21, when they turn 25 (if they are using the apprentice under-25 category letter) and when they reach state retirement age (which is determined automatically from their gender and date of birth).
- Updated SSP rates.
- Updated SMP/SAP/SPP/ShPP rates.
- Updated Collection of Student Loans thresholds, including the addition of new "Plan 2" student loans.
Operating PAYE in real time, aka Real Time Information - or RTI:
- Full Payment Submission (FPS), which happens automatically when you close off a period, has been updated for the year 2016/17.
- Employer Payment Summary (EPS), in "Monthly Procedures/Reports" -> "Internet Filing of Returns", has been updated for the year 2016/17 (to clarify this, the year is included in the option name).
- If you have not yet submitted your final EPS for 2015/16 then you can still do this by selecting the "2015/16 Final submission for the year" box, or going to "Yearly Procedures/Reports" -> "Internet Filing of Returns".
- See Payroll End of Year for more details.