The "Stock Control" "Stock Reordering" option has been given the windows look and feel as well as lots of new features. It's easier to use, quicker and generally slicker than it's predecessor. You can combine recalculation of maximum and reorder levels with calculating stock required. Seasonality and automated sales trend following come as standard. Selection supplier, creating orders and even progressing them is all now possible from within the ordering option.
The option not only replaces the stock re-ordering but also the "Stock Reordering" option in "Purchase Order Processing".
- As this part of Platinum has been given the Windows look-and-feel the Home (on-line help) and End (functions) keys now work the way Windows uses them (i.e. Home goes to the beginning of whatever you are accepting and End goes to the end) so you should use the alternative help keys listed below:
- The F11 key should be used for the on-line help.
- The F12 key or the "Functions" menu should be used to access the function keys available.
- Buttons have been given a shortcut key (F?) for use in Macros and anyone not wanting to use the mouse.
- Windows may be repositioned and changed in size - these changes will be remembered from one Platinum session to another.
- The columns in lists can be moved or resized by dragging the heading for the column you wish to configure - these changes will be remembered from one Platinum session to another.
- Any tabs can be moved by dragging the heading for the tab to the new position - this new position will be remembered from one Platinum session to another.