Changes to Platinum's
- Printed report P11 has been updated for the new tax year.
- Updated UK PAYE tax rates and bandwidths for 6th April.
- Updated Scottish PAYE tax rates and bandwidths for 6th April.
- New: Added Welsh PAYE tax rates and bandwidths for 6th April.
- Updated Class 1 National Insurance Contributions rates.
- Updated SSP rates.
- Updated SMP/SAP/SPP/ShPP rates.
- Updated Collection of Student Loans "Plan 1" and "Plan 2" thresholds.
- New:Added Collection of Student Loans "Postgraduate Loans" thresholds and rates.
Operating PAYE in real time, aka Real Time Information - or RTI:
- Full Payment Submission (FPS), which happens automatically when you close off a period, has been updated for the year 2019/20.
- Employer Payment Summary (EPS) has been updated for the year 2019/20 (to clarify this, the year is included in the option name).
- If you have not yet submitted your final EPS for 2018/19 then you can still do this by selecting the "2018/19 Final submission for the year" box, or going to
- "End of Year Payroll Routines" ->
- "Employer Payment Summary".
- For employers who have chosen to opt in to the new system of deducting tax for certain expenses and benefits in kind through the payroll, you must now record details of company car and fuel benefits in the payroll to be included in your Full Payment Submissions (FPS). Platinum's
- "Payroll"module now supports this. See How do I Record Benefits in Kind? for more information.
See Payroll End of Year for more information, including details of changes you must make yourself that are not handled automatically, including:
- Altering employee tax codes.
- Increasing Automatic Enrolment pension contributions.
- As always, look out for any other Payroll release announcements in Platinum Updates news.