Changes to Platinum's
- New: Student Loans Plan Type 4 (Scottish Student Loans).
- Printed report P11 has been updated for the new tax year.
- Updated England and Northern Ireland PAYE tax rates and bandwidths for 6th April.
- Updated Scotland PAYE tax rates and bandwidths for 6th April.
- Updated Wales PAYE tax rates and bandwidths for 6th April.
- Updated Class 1 National Insurance Contributions rates.
- Updated SSP rates.
- Updated SMP/SAP/SPP/ShPP/SPBP rates.
- Updated Collection of Student Loans "Plan 1", "Plan 2" (plus new "Plan 4") and "Postgraduate Loans" thresholds and rates.
Operating PAYE in real time, aka Real Time Information - or RTI:
- Full Payment Submission (FPS), which happens automatically when you close off a period, has been updated for the year 2021/22.
- Employer Payment Summary (EPS) has been updated for the year 2021/22 (to clarify this, the year is included in the option name).
- If you have not yet submitted your final EPS for 2020/21 then you can still do this by selecting the "2020/21 Final submission for the year" box, or going to
- "End of Year Payroll Routines" ->
- "Employer Payment Summary".
See Payroll End of Year for more information, including details of changes you must make yourself that are not handled automatically, including:
- Altering employee tax codes.
- Taking employees off week 1/month 1 tax.
For employers who have chosen to opt in to the system of deducting tax for certain expenses and benefits in kind through the payroll, you must record details of company car and fuel benefits in the payroll to be included in your Full Payment Submissions (FPS). See How do I Record Benefits in Kind? for more information.
- As always, look out for any other Payroll release announcements in Platinum Updates news.