Updates to the Making Tax Digital (MTD) VAT return to comply with changes brought about by Brexit and Postponed VAT Accounting.
- Boxes 1 to 9 have been renamed in line with the changes implemented by HMRC following Brexit.
- Platinum will no longer include in Box 2 the VAT on acquisitions of goods from EC members, unless your Company Country in Platinum settings is set to XI Northern Ireland.
- The addition of a field to allow you to enter an adjustment to the VAT return to account for your Postponed VAT Accounting (PVA) Estimated or Actual VAT amount.
- Boxes 1, 3 and 4 will include the adjustment for PVA VAT.
- The addition of nett value columns to boxes 6 to 9 to allow you to view and calculate your estimated PVA VAT from Box 7.
- HMRC have retired the option to file an XML return. This option has therefore been disabled within Platinum. Only systems authorised for Making Tax Digital will be able to submit a return.
- See Preparing for Brexit with Platinum for more details.