Changes to Platinum's
- Printed report P11 has been updated for the new tax year.
- Updated England and Northern Ireland PAYE tax rates and bandwidths for 6th April.
- Updated Scotland PAYE tax rates and bandwidths for 6th April.
- Updated Wales PAYE tax rates and bandwidths for 6th April.
- Updated Class 1 National Insurance Contributions rates, including the temporary uplift pending the introduction of the health and social care levy next year.
- Standard issued payslips have been amended to include the message "1.25% uplift in NICs funds NHS, health & social care".
- Updated SSP rates.
- Updated SMP/SAP/SPP/ShPP/SPBP rates.
- Updated Collection of Student Loans "Plan 1", "Plan 2", "Postgraduate Loans" and "Plan 4" thresholds and rates.
Operating PAYE in real time, aka Real Time Information - or RTI:
- Full Payment Submission (FPS), which happens automatically when you close off a period, has been updated for the year 2022/23.
- Employer Payment Summary (EPS) has been updated for the year 2022/23 (to clarify this, the year is included in the option name).
- If you have not yet submitted your final EPS for 2021/22 then you can still do this by selecting the "2021/22 Final submission for the year" box, or going to
- "End of Year Payroll Routines" ->
- "Employer Payment Summary".
See Payroll End of Year for more information, including details of changes you must make yourself that are not handled automatically, including:
- Altering employee tax codes.
- Taking employees off week 1/month 1 tax.
- If you use your own custom payslips, then for this year (only), they should have the following text added: "1.25% uplift in NICs funds NHS, health & social care".
- Check your pension settings to ensure contributions are based on the correct percentages and earnings limits. If you have an auto-enrolment scheme paying the minumum contributions, the earnings limits announced by the Department for Work and Pensions are different to previous years and your pension settings will need to be amended.
For employers who have chosen to opt in to the system of deducting tax for certain expenses and benefits in kind through the payroll, you must record details of company car and fuel benefits in the payroll to be included in your Full Payment Submissions (FPS). See How do I Record Benefits in Kind? for more information.
- As always, look out for any other Payroll release announcements in Platinum Updates news.