Our "Web Daemon" Windows service, used by our "Platinum O+" hosted e-commerce webshop system and some third party e-commerce systems, has been enhanced with much closer integration with the "Browser Daemon" Platinum module on which it relies.
- The Web Daemon now starts the Browser Daemon silently in the background as and when it is needed so that you do not need a scheduled or log-on task to start it.
- The Web Daemon and Browser Daemon now work as soon as your PC has started up and no longer requires you to log in to the desktop first.
- The Web Daemon and Browser Daemon have been enhanced to work better when multiple customers are using your website at the same time.
- The Web Daemon and Browser Daemon can now be instructed to temporarily shut down in order to allow backups to proceed without error (SXBackup update coming soon).
- Note: The Web Daemon service will need to be downloaded and installed from the Web Daemon page on our Knowledge Base to complete this update.