Changes to Platinum's "Payroll" module that allow you to start processing the year 2014/15, including:
- Printed reports P11 and P32 have been updated for the new tax year.
- Updated PAYE tax rates for 6th April.
- If you have an always-on Internet connection then any updates to the PAYE tax rates through the year will be downloaded automatically.
- Updated SSP rates (including the abolision of the Percentage Threshold Scheme).
- Updated SMP/OSPP/ASPP/SAP rates.
- Updated Collection of Student Loans threshold.
- Updated Class 1 National Insurance Contributions rates.
- Employment Allowance support added. See How do I Claim Employment Allowance?.
Operating PAYE in real time, aka Real Time Information - or RTI:
- Full Payment Submission (FPS), which happens automatically when you close off a period, has been updated for the year 2014/15. This includes a new "Late Reason" pop up if sending your FPS after pay day.
- Employer Payment Summary (EPS), in "Monthly Procedures/Reports" -> "Internet Filing of Returns", has been updated for the year 2014/15 (to clarify this, the year is now included in the option name).
- If you have not yet submitted your final EPS for 2013/14 then you can still do this by selecting the "2013/14 Final submission for the year" box, or going to "Yearly Procedures/Reports" -> "Internet Filing of Returns".
- See Payroll End of Year for more details.
Coming soon: Automatic Enrolment
We know that at some point this year many of our employers will have to automatically enrol their staff into a workplace pension. There will be a further Platinum update shortly that will help you:
- Assess your workforce.
- Use postponement.
- Calculate pension contributions.
- Handle opt-in and joining.
- Handle opt outs and refunds.
- Generate letters to your staff.
- Keep records and provide reports.
- Look out for the release announcement in Platinum Updates news.