Platinum built-in PDF support (Windows 10) can now password-protect PDF files which can be useful for emailing sensitive/private documents, etc.
After updating Platinum you will find three new standard print records for use on Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and above PCs:
- 'Print to PDF (password)' - prints the document to a PDF file, shows a
- "Save As" box to allow you to enter or amend the file name or location to save as, and asks for a password to be used for protecting the PDF file.
- 'PDF to email (password)' - prints the document to a PDF file and shows a
- "Send Email" box attaching the PDF to an email message and allowing you to enter or amend the email message and password to be used for protecting the PDF file before sending. Note: you must have the Catalyst "SXMail" module in order to send an email using this method.
- 'PDF to email (password silent)' - as above but sends the email using a standard message without prompting, useful for the Retention Centre for example.
Customers, suppliers, prospects and payroll employees all now have an optional password entry which will be picked up automatically when producing/sending PDF files.